This Chicken Pasta Salad is loaded with hearty, fresh ingredients making it a perfect option for any meal.
- 2 medium cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped
- 3 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2 ripe avocado pitted and diced
- 1 pound cooked rotini pasta or similar
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken and chicken broth to a pot; add garlic salt and boil for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Once cooked, remove from pot and shred or chop chicken.
- Cook pasta as instructed on packaging, drain, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the salad ingredients, the shredded chicken, avocado, onion, cherry tomatoes, and basil.
- In a jar, combine the ingredients for the dressing: Italian seasoning, white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over your chicken pasta salad. Toss gently until all the ingredients are combined. Serve immediately, or chill for later. Enjoy!
- Additional add-ins that go well with this salad would include chopped cucumber, crispy bacon, corn, olives…
- To keep the avocado from turning brown, coat the avocado in either lemon juice or lime juice. It will act as an antioxidant.
- You can make it up to a day in advance, leaving the avocado and tomato until you are ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20